Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Healthy Skin for the Average Girl

You arrive home from a long night out with the girls; those patron shots lead you directly from your front door to your bed where you fall into a coma until the next morning. BIG MISTAKE! Forgetting to wash your makeup off your face from the night before deserves HUGE consequence, which is exactly what you will receive when you have to deal with dull and less than radiant skin. Here are a few tips of the products I use to achieve healthy, glowing, acne-free skin:
1. I start the day using the ProActiv system. (Have a bias opinion, if you may, but I have been using it for years and I love it) Exfoliation is key to remove dry rough skin. 
2. Following, I use Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control Cleanser.  I deal with tons of stress all the time and I find this works best in controlling my acne as a cleanser.
3. I tone my face with a simple cotton pad and the ProActiv toner.
4. I cover my t-zone areas and any blemishes with the ProActiv Repairing lotion...love love LOVE this!
5. I apply Origins GinZing eye cream. Now, I have gone through a few under eyes creams, and I find this works best, because it uses caffeine to brighten the eyes and dull dark circles.
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I finish the face with a good moisturizer that works for me.  I LOVE Cetaphil.  Trust me, I have used some of the most expensive moisturizers on the market, but I find Cetaphil to work the best for me, without clogging my pores.  It makes applying makeup very smoothly and effortlessly.
(Follow these same steps when the day is over.  However, if you wear makeup, be sure to use Neutrogena Makeup Wipes, they completely remove all makeup and dirt from the entirety of the day!)
These steps alone will not achieve beautiful skin.  I drink A LOT of water, which is the best mineral for your skin and I take vitamins such as Biotin and Zinc, along with a Women's one-a-day. 

Note:  Also, if you want to achieve a maximum deeper exfoliation, I recommend MD Formulations Serum. (Put this on before bed, instead of a repairing lotion)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to comment!