Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Achieving a Flawless Complexion



Here you have it, the exact products I use, every day, in achieving a flawless complexion.

A lot of people ask me what makeup I use on my face to achieve a flawless complexion. The answer to this question is A LOT and takes a bit of time to apply, but I love the final result.
1. MAC Studio Tech Foundation - I have tried a million and one foundations and this is by far is my favorite! It provides a natural matte finish with full coverage and it hydrates my skin.
2. MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - I love how creamy this concealer is. I use this under my eyes and to cover any blemish or imperfection.
3. MAC Paint Pot - I use this in Painterly as a primer on my eye lids before I apply shadows.
4. Makeup Forever HD High Definition Powder - A little of this goes a long way. I apply a very small amount of this under my eyes to lock in the concealer and to prevent any fall out of eye shadow. After I apply eye shadow I brush away the powder.
5. MAC Select Sheer/Loose Powder - This powder is incredible! I apply a small amount of this all over my face to lock in the foundation. It creates a soft matte finish and minimizes shine.
6. MAC Bronzing Powder - I apply this to my cheeks to create a warm glow. USE A MATTE BRONZER, because you do not want to add extra unneeded shine to your face.
7. MAC Powder Blush - I contour my cheek bones with the color Blunt, which is a muted golden brown.  I also use this to contour my nose and as an eye shadow at time.
8. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - I use this in Soft and Gentle, which is a peachy color, to highlight the top of my cheek bones, and sometimes under my eyes. I also use this under my cheek bones below the Blunt Powder Blush to add more contour.
9. MAC Powder Blush - Lastly, when I am in the mood, I apply blush in Peony Petal to the apples of my cheeks.
It is important to use excellent tools when applying your makeup or else you got nothing!
10. MAC 116 Blush Brush - I use this brush to apply all powders.
11. MAC 190 Foundation Brush - This brush is borderline incredible. The bristles do not fall out and the foundation glides on so effortlessly.
12. MAC 195 Concealer Brush - Perfect for applying your concealer precisely under your eyes as well as on imperfections. I also use this to apply paint pot on the lids of my eyes. LOVE IT!
13. Wedge Sponges - These are available at any drug stores.  I hardly ever touch my face with bare hands! These sponges are perfect for blending my concealer and foundation.  I, also, use them to apply the HD Powder and loose powder. I go through a pack of them in a week!

NOTE: Always wash your hands before applying makeup.  Also, Do not waste your money on any expensive brush cleansers.  Dawn Dish Soap does the job and, in my opinion, is better than any brush cleansers.
(www.maccosmetics.com, www.sephora.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, please feel free to comment!